Tuesday, June 3, 2008

New River Sampler [May 25]

I know it's a little late, but here I am, after figuring out how to sign in to this thing, blogging about the New River Sampler trip Kyle and I took with a family on my first day, May 25. The family of 6 was a really fun outgoing group, and some had experience on a river while some did not. They picked partners and we put in and were on our way - they all had a blast on the small rapids, and about 15 minutes into our trip, one of the girls with less experience said "dad, do you still have that canoe?" and I felt (as corny as it may sound!) proud that they were having such a great time - the first time I got in a canoe I wasn't sure I was going to be too thrilled, but I instantly fell in love with it and I heard that same excitement in this group. It was a gorgeous day without a cloud in the sky, and by far the best first day of work I have ever had. I think the canoe trip set the stage for a great summer - both for Kyle and I, and for our guests.

-Mallory

No comments: